School of Public Health (SPH) Fellowship Nomination Process for ICGC Scholar Fellowship
To nominate a student for an ICGC Scholar/ICGC Mellon Scholar Fellowship:
DGS must nominate an admitted student to be considered for this fellowship. For each prospective student nominated, departments must submit the following materials to ICGC, in the order listed below, no later than 4:00pm on February 7, 2020.
- The DGS's nomination letter explaining how the student's intellectual interests fit with the objectives and interests of ICGC. The letter must indicate the fellowship type (ICGC Scholar or ICGC Mellon Scholar) as well as the fellowship funding track (standard ICGC award or alternative track);
- A copy of the student's application for admission to graduate study at the University, including its supporting documents (student contact page, application form, GRE scores (and TOEFL scores where applicable), transcripts, letters of recommendation, application statement); and
- Optional 2-3 page personal statement from the applicant concerning interest in issues central to the ICGC fellowship program. Please note that the ICGC-specific personal statement is not required, but can provide additional helpful information to the selection committee
DGS Submission Steps: Please send all documents in the following order as a single PDF:
- DGS letter of nomination
- School of Public Health graduate admissions application (SOPHAS), which includes 2 or 3 letters of reference, GRE scores and transcripts
- ICGC Personal statement (if you have one)
The deadline for receipt in the ICGC office of all materials is February 7, 2020.
ICGC will begin to notify departments of awards in early March. Please be aware that our fellowship awards process continues on a rolling basis if fellowships are declined in the initial round. The notification timeline for alternates can and typically does take place over several weeks, sometimes as late as April.
*Electronic submission of form is preferred, however, form is also accepted by e-mail, University of Minnesota campus mail, fax, or U.S. mail. For Alternative formats, requests can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-0832.