Guidelines for ICGC Graduate Fellowship Competition
Deadline: 4:00pm, Monday, February 8, 2021 at 4pm
THE BELOW INFORAMTION WILL BE UPDATED, PLEASE CHECK BACK
For the 2020 ICGC Scholar Fellowship competition:
- Each DGS may nominate up to six candidates for ICGC Scholar Fellowships of which up to 3 may include ICGC Mellon Scholar Fellowships.
- ICGC encourages departments to nominate a diverse range of students including students from the global south and groups underrepresented in graduate education.
- ICGC accepts fellowship nominations for admitted students entering doctoral programs in the Colleges of Biological Sciences; Education and Human Development; Food, Agriculture, and Natural Resource Sciences; Liberal Arts; the School of Public Health or the Humphrey School of Public Affairs.
- ICGC also accepts fellowship nominations for admitted students entering master’s programs in the School of Public Health as well as from the intercollegiate Master of Development Practice and Master of Human Rights programs. The majority of funding supports doctoral students. Because we offer a small number of fellowships for master’s students, we limit the total number of nominations for master’s students to six per college with no more than four from a single degree program.
- ICGC offers two fellowship tracks. The first track offers a standard ICGC Fellowship package similar to previous years’ awards. The second track offers a fellowship package with a reduced financial commitment. Details on fellowship terms are included in the DGS Information Packet already provided to DGS' and GPCs.
Nominations to the ICGC Fellowships are through the Graduate School Application System
Programs must submit nominations through the Graduate School Application system no later than 4:00pm on February 8, 2021. Note for SPH nominators: Because SPH does not use this system, we ask you to follow this process.
ICGC will begin to notify departments of awards in March. Please be aware that our fellowship awards process continues on a rolling basis if fellowships are declined in the initial round. The notification timeline for alternates can and typically does take place over several weeks, sometimes as late as April.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact ICGC at firstname.lastname@example.org.