MDP Orientation is held full days starting the week before classes begin in Fall.
Typical MDP Orientation activities include:
- Visiting local NGO's that encompass big and small operations and local development resources
- Advisor panel with associated faculty
- Engaging the U Session - to highlight the many areas where MDP students typically engage the U as Research Assistants, Teaching Assistants, Interns and capstone teams
- Parts of Graduate School and Humphrey School of Public Affairs Orientations
- Introduction of field experiences - past locations have included: Kenya, Vietnam, Ecuador, Jamaica, Phillippines, St. Lucia, New Orleans, Thailand, Nepal