MDP Students are required to complete a 10-week (400 hours) international field experience, which will include professional work and academic cross-cultural training. Students will complete the field experience during the semester between the first and second year of the program. **Students are responsible for the additional cost of the field experience and should plan accordingly. The typical field experience will cost $4,500-5,000. For more information click here.
Timeline (approximate dates):
- September -- Solicitation and development of field experience projects by MDP faculty and students
- November -- Projects presented to students and team selection process occurs
- December -- Initial team contact with clients
- January -- Proposal (TOR) development; Submit funding proposals to various funders (ongoing)
- Spring -- Formative interactions with client Registration with Learning Abroad Center; IRB Process; ITRAAC
- May - July -- Students in the field - typically late May through end of July
Past field experiences have taken place in Americas and Caribbean: Jamaica, Saint Lucia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Fond du Lac Tribal Community, New Orleans; Africa: Senegal, Ghana, Kenya; Southeast Asia: Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines; South Asia: Nepal, India.